I am now sharing the source code to this site under the Creative Commons License Distribution.
The terms and conditions can be read here
. As always the code can be found here
The source code for this is site is available for download from here
Here is a list of features that i have implemented.
- 3 layered architecture.
- MetaWeBlog implementation (Partial) [Have tested with BlogJet].
- Provider based design - Pluggable providers [Includes SqlProvider].
- File system based Image gallery.
- Complete administration of site.
- RSS feeds
- Technorati ping.
- Caching features for performance.
I would love to hear some feedbacks on the design so that i could better the application in any way possible.
After spending a very long time to build this site, i finally put it in production. The prime reason for the delay was hosting which i was not able to afford up until now.
Well everything seemed to work fine on my dev machine but once i put the code in production, my URL rewriting logic failed. I was using Gaidar Magdanurov's UrlRewiting
solution. From what i observed the http module was not picking up on the application load. So as a last minute change i used UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewrite
. I did not have to change much of the thing for this to work. Its pretty straight forward to setup and use.
First you have to add a config section...